Plant protein, a subject that is widely discussed in the world of food, there are many theories, but there are many possibilities to obtain the necessary protein if you are vegan or vegetarian, or simply if you love veggies burgers like me! These little patties have more protein than a beef burger. Every 150 grams you get 30g of protein, a real pump! They are perfect to accompany with homemade buckwheat buns, lemon, and guacamole!
If you are thinking of make a party next Saturday night in addition to these burgers you should add Most crunchy bechamel PIZZA!
Protein packed burger
Super simple, with 30 grams of protein every 150 grams of burger, and most importantly, very delicious!
- 200 g cooked unsalted chickpeas about 1 1/2 cup
- 150 g textured soybeans about 1 1/2 cup
- 2 egg replacement* or 1 normal egg
- 3 Tbsp water
- 4 Tbsp virgin extra olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Optional but recommended
- 4 grated garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
Process everything except soy until you get a hummus. Add the soy and process again until you have a homogeneous mixture, it should not be liquid, it should have a consistency to be able to make the patties.
Assemble 6 patties and cool for one hour or freeze. When cooking it, heat well the pan, put a little oil and cook about two minutes on each side.
* You can use an Orgran type egg replacement, or prepare one with 1 teaspoon of flax flour and 3 tablespoons of water for each egg, mix and let stand 15 minutes.